Club librarian Bruce Murray has reviewed the book “The New CCD Astronomy” by Ron Wodaski.
This is a comprehensive guidebook that equips enthusiasts with the knowledge and techniques to capture stunning celestial images using CCD cameras. While the book was written in 2002 it is still very relevant today
Some of the Key Features are:
1. Comprehensive introduction to CCD cameras and their use in astronomy.
2. Practical advice on equipment selection, camera setup, and image acquisition.
3. Step-by-step instructions for image processing and enhancement techniques.
4. Guidance on dealing with challenges such as light pollution and calibration.
5. Inspiring examples of astrophotography showcasing a wide range of celestial objects.
6. Tips and tricks from an experienced astrophotographer.
By combining technical knowledge with practical examples and personal insights, Wodski equips readers with the tools and confidence needed to embark on their own journey of capturing the wonders of the night sky.