After a great summer of clear skies, it is time for members and non-members to come together for our September meeting.
Our next General Meeting will be:
Thursday, September 5th at 8:00 PM
Royal Canadian Legion Branch 551, 2nd Floor
79 Hamilton St N, Waterdown ON L0R 2H0
- September and Year-End Photo Contest
- Show ‘n’ Tell – Members’ Summer Astro Stories
- Astronomy Trivia and Social with Prizes
We are seeking volunteers to present photos or stories from their astronomy-related summer adventures. Did you go to Starfest this year? Did you learn anything new? Did you get a new telescope or other equipment? Did you travel somewhere with a different night sky? We would love to hear about it. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by September 4th if you wish to share something on Thursday.
You may also submit photos to our contest (below) and present about them after.
RASC–Hamilton Centre’s Astrophotography Contest is seeking participants!
Can use Phones, DSLRs, +/- Telescopes, +/- Tracking Mount, Minor Editing, No Stacking
Can use Telescopes, Cooled Cameras, Auto-Guided, Filters, Stacking, Photoshop/PixInsight
- Open to Members of the RASC–Hamilton Centre.
- Photos must have been taken within the last year, e.g., September 1, 2018 to August 31, 2019.
- Send one photo in either category – Beginner or Advanced – to email@example.com
- Include a basic caption about the object and how you captured and/or processed it.
- Deadline is September 4, 2019 for the September contest.
Each month, photos will be presented and Members present at the Monthly Meeting will vote for their favourite.
Winning photos from each month will go head to head, and an ultimate winner will be chosen from each category.
All photos will be taken into consideration if the club chooses to create its own calendar!
NOTE: The September contest will be included in the final vote for the Year-End contest.