RASC Hamilton is holding its annual general meeting and election of the new board this Thursday at the Waterdown Royal Canadian Legion Hall. Please come out and support your club! There will also be a discussion with the membership on what type of activities they would like to see as well as future direction for the club. See you there!!
Clear Sky Clock
- 100-mm ED APO Large Format Binoculars October 5, 2015Lunt Engineering now offers big apochromatic binoculars — really big. The post 100-mm ED APO Large Format Binoculars appeared first on Sky & Telescope.
- Sketching the King of Planets October 5, 2015Learn to see more detail on Jupiter by drawing at the eyepiece. The post Sketching the King of Planets appeared first on Sky & Telescope.
- 100-mm ED APO Large Format Binoculars October 5, 2015
- Invest a Night in Vesta October 4, 2015The brightest asteroid visible from Earth prowls across Cetus the Whale this month. Vesta shines at magnitude +6.3, right at the naked eye limit for observers with pristine skies, but easily coaxed into view with any pair of binoculars. With the moon now gone from the evening sky, you can start your search tonight. (...)Read the rest […]Bob King
- Borderline Cat 5 Hurricane Joaquin Spied from International Space Station October 3, 2015As the powerful category 4 Hurricane Joaquin was pounding the Bahamas and packing winds of over 130 mph, NASA astronaut Scott Kelly captured a stunning photo of Joaquin on Friday morning, Oct. 2 from his perch aboard the International Space Station (ISS). As of today, Oct. 3. Joaquin has gained strength to 150 mph and […]Ken Kremer
- Atlas V Streaks to Orbit on 100th Successful Mission for ULA with Mexico’s Morelos-3 October 3, 2015United Launch Alliance (ULA) celebrated an incredible milestone today, Oct. 2, with the successful launch of the firms 100th mission on an Atlas V rocket carrying Mexico’s next generation Morelos-3 satellite to provide advanced telecommunications for education and health programs for rural communities and secure communications for Mexican national security needs. The spectacular predawn liftoff […]Ken Kremer
- Is There a Kraken in Kraken Mare? What Kind of Life Would We Find on Titan? October 2, 2015Could there be life on Saturn’s large moon Titan? Asking the question forces astrobiologists and chemists to think carefully and creatively about the chemistry of life, and how it might be different on other worlds than it is on Earth. In February, a team of researchers from Cornell University, including chemical engineering graduate student James […]Paul Patton
- Weekly Space Hangout – Oct 2, 2015: Water on Mars, Blood Moon Eclipses, and More Pluto! October 2, 2015Host: Fraser Cain (@fcain) Guests: Morgan Rehnberg (cosmicchatter.org / @MorganRehnberg ) Pamela Gay (cosmoquest.org / @cosmoquestx / @starstryder) Kimberly Cartier (@AstroKimCartier ) Brian Koberlein (@briankoberlein / briankoberlein.com) Alessondra Springmann (@sondy) (...)Read the rest of Weekly Space Hangout – Oct 2, 2015: Water on Mars, Blood Moon Eclipses, and More Pluto! (319 words) © Fraser for […]Fraser Cain
- Invest a Night in Vesta October 4, 2015